Sunday, October 19, 2008

Harmful to dogs

Food that are harmful to dogs are like chocolate, caffeine, yeast dough, grapes, raisins, onion, garlic etc. We need to be very careful when feeding our furry friends.

Another is Toad, have to be very careful with toads, my boy nearly died because of toad. Tom - my boy has this bad behaviour that he like to capture lizards, insects. One night when I bring him out to pee pee before bedtime, I did not noticed that there's a toad there and Tom captured the toad and bit it in his mouth. The toad spit some poison stuff and Tom quickly let go of the toad, instantly, bubbles coming out from his mouth, white foam coming out from his mouth, he is shivering, I am so worried, keep on crying thinking that I will lose him, I phoned the vet and was advised to hose water to clean Tom's mouth and feed him water with a bit of salt to induce him of vomiting. He vomitted and later feel better, we were given pills for Tom, luckily he survived. I am so afraid of toad when I see one, so I am very careful after this incident to not let him get near any toads.

No comments: